Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Real Story Behind Work at Home Data Entry Jobs

As a stay at home mother, I can't help but click on all those work at home ads. The one that caught my interest most recently was something like this:

"Work at Home Data Entry- Get rich working only 15 minutes a day!"

Sounds too good to be true doesn't it? And yet I click, and read, and read again, wishing and hoping that the opportunity to work at home doing data entry is really there. The company that initially caught my eye was Data Entry Bank. However, there are numerous work at home data entry ads like this cropping up on the web, like type-at-home.com, mydatajob.com or homedatatypers.com, all of whom make strikingly similar pitches. Surrounded by pictures of sunny beaches and smiling, successful people in front of laptops, the page tells me that all I need to do is spend a few minutes a day typing ads for companies selling e-books and such. I'm treated to sample pay stubs that amount to thousands per week, and I'm told that every step will be explained for me. Suddenly data entry is starting to look like my dream job. I'm soon imagining a whole new wardrobe, that long vacation, a new home... but wait a minute. When I email the company to ask a question about how I might get a refund if I did sign up for their particular work at home data entry program, I get no reply. When I search on Google for Data Entry Bank, I find out that they haven't been in business for very long. There is no telephone number, no address, no name, just a way to send money. Details...

No comments: